Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Wasteful Government Spending

Article
Just one of the hundreds of reasons why this country is running a deficit and our taxes are so high. I am quite sure our government officials can drive themselves to their meetings.

I am also curious how much money is costs the government to give me the $200 child tax credit. I can imagine producing the cheques, tracking the info, etc. costs an additional chunk of change on top of the $200. Here's a novel idea: how about not taking the $200 from me in the first place. It costs the government nothing if they just let me keep my money. I think the idea of me being taxed $230 (for example) just to get $200 back is pretty asinine, but then again, this is the type of thing governments seem to do and can't figure out why they run deficits.

No comments:

Post a Comment